Friday, June 1, 2012

It's CampNaNoWriMo time!

It's June 1st, 2012, and that means it's time for Camp NaNoWriMo again!

Last year, I did the first session (July) and failed at the second session (August). This year, the powers that be, in their wisdom, have split up their camp sessions so that it's June and August. Much better, methinks.



I didn't outline (are you surprised?) and I only have a gentle idea at what the overall storyline is going to be in my far future science fiction novel, entitled Krypton Phone Sex.

"LOL wut?", you said?

Well, let me tell you the story of the title.

When I was trying to come up for the title of this blog, Authorized Musings, I was having a hard time. I can be very, very bad at titles sometimes. At one point, in a fit of desperation, I pulled out the dictionary. I announced that I was going to point at two entries, and that would be my title. My first entry? Krypton. All right. I can work with that. An element. Scifi/superhero reference. Not bad. Second entry? Phone Sex. Hmmm. Maybe this wasn't such a great plan....

But, I wrote it down, because once you find a phrase like Krypton Phone Sex, you want to use it All. The. Time. I've shown admirable restraint, really.

So, my far future Camp NaNoWriMo novel is going to in some way make that title make sense. Even if it doesn't, it sounds cool and edgy and stuff.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment