Thursday, November 15, 2012

NaNoWriMo: Day 15

Here we are, the halfway point!

We're still in the wee hours of the morning, of course. Much time in the day for me to add to my word count, but at the time of this blog, I'm at 33,031 words. This is the furthest ahead I've been, to date, in a NaNo. I'm pretty pleased.

So how's the story going? Well, I'm getting  to the meat of the action. I think. I know where I'm  headed, anyway.

One quirk I've realized is that people keep going home, doing stuff, and going out again the next day. Sure, that's the way we do things, but who cares? I'm pretty sure that the currently planned return trip isn't going to happen. Think detour! Things will be accomplished!

I'm still pretty pleased with having outlined most of the book. I know/don't know how it's going to end (that's the part of the outline I hadn't quite gotten to) so hopefully that will reveal itself in my brain so I can map it out a bit before crunch time. I would love to continue as I've been doing with volume and speed. Certain characters are working together in a way that they hadn't previously, so yay, character growth! Other characters need more separation from one another, so that they are in fact two separate characters instead of just lumped together.

Also, it's begun to get cold here, which I don't appreciate. Yeah, sure, November, blah blah. Winter comes every year, and every year it kind of hurts my feelings. It was seventy on Sunday; why is it 27 now?

(Elka at the park on our beautiful day)

1 comment:

  1. You're making awesome progress. Keep going! You'll rock the ending!

    ReplyDelete