Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NaNoWriMo, one week in

One week down, three to go. I'm feeling pretty pleased about NaNoWriMo. How about you?

When this day dawned, headache-ridden though it was (unrelated to NaNoWriMo, I assure you), I had 15, 218 words of my novel written. That's a few days ahead of time,  to be sure, and I do hope that I can keep it up. My intent, you see, is not only to reach 50,000 words in 30 days, but also to actually finish my novel. Learn to Howl clocked in at about 80,000 words (it has not been edited yet, or at least not fully. I've tweaked some things to make more sense, or refine the story).  So, I want to add like, 60% to the wordcount that I've ever done. I think my "most wordy" NaNoWriMo novel was 55k, maybe 60 (you know, back in the days when I finished the story, as opposed to stopping when the event was over). Never 80. Lofty writerly goals, right!


Also, I donated, as I am wont to do. Just $10, nothing huge. But, as the propaganda says, if everybody who participates in NaNoWriMo would just donate $10, they would be funded. Some people donate a lot more. Some people donate at all. So, I guess I'm asking you to also consider donating. You get a halo on your avatar. Amusingly, the way the halo appears made it look as though Elka is wearing it! She's my Doberman angel.

Any of my readers participating? How are you doing? Excited? Discouraged? Write on, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment