Saturday, March 23, 2013

Brawny Betrayal

So, I came upon a disturbing trend in the paper towel aisle at the grocery store.



Evidently, the latest trend is to make the rolls bigger, and then print the "equivalent" on the plastic packaging. The entire aisle, not just one brand, was full of this crazy math: 2 rolls = 5! 8 rolls = 12! Now, I may have stopped being so good at math by the time I hit high school, but this is dangerous thinking here people. You know what two rolls of paper towels are? Two rolls. If they're bigger, it just means I'll use more. It doesn't mean that, in my eyes, it's twice as many. Especially when you're paying more than a dollar per imaginary roll. I'm not going to pay $5 for three rolls of paper towels that are magically 5! This center cannot hold, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment