Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dear Readers....

Hello, friends!

I was sick over the weekend, in a sudden and mysterious way. And, well, that's when my blog prep time typically is, so this week kind of flopped. Sorry about that! Thanks to you who came and checked in anyway.

While I was away, I

Clocked about 50% of Grand Theft Auto: V.

Finished re-watching the first season of Sons of Anarchy. I'm counting this as research for my NaNoWriMo novel. I think a bikerly theme is afoot, and I've long been interested in bikers, outlaw and otherwise. The outlaw types interest me in an anthropological way, in the same way the Maasai, Boers, or 1920's Irish might catch my fancy.

Watched The Last Stand. Y'know, the new Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. It was bad. So bad. Tragically bad. And I like action movies. But this one, it don't make no sense. In addition to having my "action females with hair in their faces" problem. The single good line was Arnold turning to Johnny Knoxville (see? I don't even know what their characters were named!) and asking "Do you have stupid names for all your shit?" (or something along those lines.)

Continued to go to work, most of those days. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, anyway. Though Tuesday was a half day because a different coworker was sick (the one who closes the library with me). And yet another coworker was out today. We're droppin' like flies here, I hope it isn't Captain Trips. Though I guess I'm one of the immune ones? I'll keep you posted whether I start dreaming about an old black woman, or the Walkin' Dude.

Started to reread Stephen King's On Writing, yet again. What can I say? Steve has a voice. I listen. I've also started reading Ursula K. LeGuin's Steering the Craft, which I've been meaning to read for a year or more but hadn't yet. I wish I had a writing group to work through the book's exercises with. Maybe I'll do them and post them here? Probably not. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen. Hope you're feeling better. Just thought I'd let you know that the post on an "indelicate topic" that grew out of our conversation is up on my blog. If you're feeling up for a bit of the earthier side of life. (Nothing to upset the stomach. I promise.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I recovered from my weekend funk in time to catch a cold. Sigh, this time of year....

      Off to read!

      Delete