Saturday, November 30, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013: Fin.





And, I pulled through a win, 50,116 words at around 2 a.m.

I think part of my issue with my mid-novel slog was the fact that I started my novel too early. Not "too early" like I totally cheated at NaNoWriMo, but "too early" as in too early in the action. Too much exposition makes a reader lose interest, and the same is true for the writer. What I was writing technically "happened" to my characters, but could very well have happened off screen. Too much filler, not enough substance.

So, to make my novel (which I didn't even title) more workable, I would need to restructure the beginning third or so of it, switch some thing around, then write to the end. Or just write to the end; I'm not going to continue working on it now. Nor will I, for the love of God, be subbing it this month. People do that, apparently. People do that? Sigh.

But I digress. 50k words achieved. Winner shirt purchased. Congrats to those who participated! 


1 comment: