Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Crunch Time

Well, two days (ish) left of Camp NaNoWriMo. I've got some few thousand words left but, I can do it. In theory.

I ran into a local writer-acquaintance, and she asked how my NaNoWriMo had gone. I mentioned lowering my wordcount goal, but also that I'd written and worked on other stories in that time. She pointed out that those words counted. So maybe I'm closer to the overall original 50k than I thought? I don't think every additional project I touched adds up to 20k fresh words, though, so I'm happy with my July goal of 30,000 words added to the new fantasy novel.

This week's Chuck Wendig challenge is a three sentence story. I got one comment on my entry, so we'll see if I'm selected as a winner. This week, he's selecting a handful of people to receive electronic copies of his writing books, so that's pretty cool. I do like seeing what people achieve in these flash challenges (...I mean, obviously. Or I wouldn't participate, and I wouldn't post about them nearly as often as I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment