Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's the time of the season


I get it. Fall is in the air. Some people like things other people do not. But seriously, even Chobani has a pumpkin spice flavor ("limited edition"; can you imagine just for a moment how fucking stupid I think "limited edition" food items are? Seasonal, I can get. Shamrock Shakes year round would clearly produce just too much happiness. But "limited edition" suggests once it's gone, it's gone forever. And that's silly with foodstuffs.)

But anyway. Fall is not my season. Summer is. So fall is equivalent, in my perception, to summer being pried from my grasp. Literally stolen. Not a fan. Fall is also when both colleges come back to town, and I end up with an hours-long cavalcade of high-pitched idiots shrilling themselves down my street to head to Frat Area. I just want to sit on my porch with a shotgun and the Doberman and tell them to move themselves along, quiet-like (I don't do this. I sit inside and glower at them from dark rooms.) So that's what "back to school" means for me now, noisy nights and clueless people (who I feel should be displaying a modicum of intelligence as college students, but that's one of life's big contradictions!) coming to the library to see about getting cards. Sometimes it means swag discounts on office supplies, which are great for gaming, but I don't even like Halloween anymore (though I do like candy corn still. So I've got that going for me).

2 comments:

  1. I *like* pumpkin spice flavored things, but I definitely raised an eyebrow at the pumpkin spice yogurt and refused to buy it.

    I don't have a favorite season, but I'm not quite ready to give up on summer yet. I toyed with the idea of a pumpkin latte after work today, but I decided to cling to summer and get one more coffee coolata before I won't want one anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, coffee coolata. I do love those! Though really, I almost always prefer cold drinks. All last winter I woke up in the morning, made my coffee, and iced it. Even when the kitchen floor was too cold to stand on in bare feet ;)

      Delete