Monday, September 29, 2014

Sometimes, voracious fans can push me from "indifferent" to "against it"

I'm not morally against Doctor Who. Theoretically, it should be in my wheelhouse. But I've become so inundated by the fandom because, y'know, I exist on the Internet, that I actually shrink from Doctor Who mentions. I hate it when "my" daily shirt sites of Doctor Who shirts (which is a lot).

So then I feel like a person in an Elder Scrolls game, where sometimes they just HATE your character and scowl at them on sight, because of what they're dressed in or something.

4 comments:

  1. Same here! Also, with approximately twenty million seasons of Doctor Who, I don't even know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the way to do it is start a new season with a new doctor. But yeah, there's like, a generation's worth of Doctor Who out there and if you don't want to watch it all, picking a start point is daunting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's not like I don't understand being part of a fandom, but I'm also used to caring more about certain things/subjects than those around me. So I refrain from inundating them with it.

      Delete