Friday, October 31, 2014

And now we wait

All right, the last day. The last story (which is also the most recently finished one) is making its way through the Internet tubes to Tor.com.

And now we wait.


And tomorrow, we begin NaNoWriMoing, which hopefully distracts me from the 24 stories still on submission (2 of which from before the "game" started). 24 things on submission; that's more than I've ever had out in my life.  So I need to not stare at little charts on the Submission Grinder, hoping one of those numbers is near mine. And fearing one of those numbers is near mine.

4 comments:

  1. Yowza, and I thought I wrote and submitted a lot. Your spreadsheet must have a spreadsheet. Tons of luck on the submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lot of tail ends of unpolished things hanging around on the hard drive (and other things which HAVE previously gone out which clearly needed more polishing), so I'm pretty much looking at bare cupboards at this point!

      Just two spreadsheets just now, it's best for me to keep it simple: Stuff currently submitted and where stuff was rejected.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great site. I just wanted to drop by and say "Hi". And I thought I was doing well having two novels kinda out, and four short stories out....ooof! Really impressed with all your submittals that you have out. Motovates me, but for now I better get back to the NaNoWriMo. Kinda behind. Cheers Hank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      I don't have any novels out, yet. I almost queried at least one agent with my non werewolf novel, but I've yet to get feedback on it from anybody who shares significant vocabulary with me, so I've been cautious.

      Normally, I don't have this many stories out, certainly. 4 is much more in my range!

      Delete