Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 goals roundup

So I pretty much made the New Year's resolution to write more; surprising right? But I blogged about it, and I think my boss even put it in her library column (she asked the library staff at large about their resolutions) and so it's a thing to be serious about, more or less. People might ask me! (nobody's going to ask me).

So, it's January 31, how'd I do this month?

I've read 3 books so far (closing in on the 4th), and all of them in fact fulfill the Book Riot read harder challenge (so my "historical" one is "historical fantasy"; whatevs).

I finished writing the first draft of a short story this month. I'll poke at it some more next month, probably, and get a couple folks to read it before I start sending it out.

I've started editing/rewriting the novel whose most recent incarnation was born during last July's CampNaNoWriMo, my girl Hamlet project Esto Quod Es smashed up with my Asbury Park 1979 project. I think I might even have a new real title for it, Dig Two Graves.

And I've sent out, er, 1 novel query this month for The Last Song. I've received 2 rejections for it.

Somehow, I'm right on target with my Writing Things™.

And in other news, we got a little bit of snow (which is all gone already). Not even enough to be much of an inconvenience.


No comments:

Post a Comment