Friday, December 8, 2017

Awards Eligibility 2017

I had two stories published this year, both at the lovely Syntax & Salt. They're great people to work with, and I've been so thrilled with the response both of these stories have gotten. It makes me happy when my stories make people....well, not happy, I guess, they aren't happy stories, but they reach people, anyway.

First up was Daddy's Girl, which was published in June 21 2017. Maria Haskins reviewed it on her blog back in June (thank you, Maria!)  and it is on the SFWA Nebula Reading List 


The other story was published on October 31 2017, "Aground, Upon the Sand", and was their Fall Flash Fiction contest winner.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the two stories! And I do agree about the importance of reaching people through your writing; I think that's definitely one major reason most writers write, isn't it? That is, this idea that we can connect to others through what we write because something in our words resonates with them, or it's something that they can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Yes, definitely. I want the words to resonate, that's the exactly what I was going for.

    ReplyDelete