Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crossing the Finish Line!

As of now, I am validated and have won National Novel Writing Month 2011, with 50016 words.

My story is not done, but I'm done spending time with it for now. As it stands, I consider it the weakest of my three Steampunk novels (all three of which share the distinction of being unfinished. Oy.) But I am finished, and I am proud. I do so love doing National Novel Writing Month; the pressure, the forearm pain, the utilization of wacky ideas to further the story that might push the limits of what I would normally decide to do. NaNoWriMo is a good experience, to learn more about yourself, and your writing process, and to say "I wrote a novel this year!"

2 comments:

  1. Aw yeah. Congratulations! And I hear you on the forearm pain, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I don't really remember having forearm pain before this year; maybe I was just too extreme. Or maybe it's because my dog's favorite game is tugging with a toy, and I can do that with one hand while typing with the other.

    ReplyDelete