Sunday, December 10, 2023

Awards Eligibility 2023, Jennifer R. Donohue

 in 2023, I published my DEBUT NOVEL! Exit Ghost came out in March, and I've been pitching it as modern witchy girl Hamlet at the Jersey Shore. It is a little genre-wobbly; it's possible a fan of litfic would enjoy it, it's somewhat gothic, it's modern fantasy, it's dark and witchy and (eventually) bloody. 



my non-series novella publication of 2023 was a weird west, Between the Blood and the Sun. It's about faith, and dying, and some of the inspiration came from Val Kilmer's performance of Doc Holliday in Tombstone (1993)


I had THREE! original short stories published in 2023.

"This is Not the Only Kingdom" was in issue 4 of Old Moon Quarterly [5000 words]

"The Oyster Widow" was in Saltwater Sorrows  [7000 words] (And is in the same word as my 2022 novella, The Drowned Heir)

"Solar Sonata For Four Hands" was in Robotic Ambitions [3900 words]


If you are reading for awards and need copies of any of these, please don't hesitate to reach out to me and we can make it happen!